Brian's(Old Scales)Rescape Journal "Yikes!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Autumn,
My lights have built in timers that won't let me program multiple on/off times. External timer would just mess up these timer's settings.
MY LFS is supposed to get Amanos soon. I hope they're not babies. OS.

Hi Sk3lly,
Tank pretty much stays the same look each week since it's now mostly grown out. Still not getting the Glosso to stay low as much as I hoped it would. All the other plants are doing great. I'm going to give up on the idea of having shrimp. Being a Amazonian tetra tank, the water is just too soft and acidic for shrimp. I'd rather keep conditions optimal for the fish than shrimp. I tried 3 bamboo shrimp. They lived three days only.
This thread got so long I would let it fade away into AA history. Any further updates I will make a new thread. This was such a fun thread but it's time has past and time to move on. OS.

Oh bad news on the shrimp and also bad news on the thread being allowed to fade out. Has been a very educational thread as well as a good read

Crystal Red shrimp like acidic water, and you can ad a Cuttlebone in there, I just plunk mine in like a surfboard in the sand. Ocassionally I add a little scraping of Cuttlebone dust from a fresh one and it circulates into the water after awhile and disappears.

Give us the link on the next thread!

Back
Top Bottom