Bronze wenditi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billsey420

Aquarium Advice Activist
How do I trim this plant and how tall does it get? I've been goggleing for like an hour and can't find how to trim bronze wenditi. Any help would be great thanks.

You don't generally have to trim wendtii because they won't get high in most circumstances, favoring instead to 'bush' out. How the look also depends on the light levels. I've kept crypts (albeit not wendtii) in a high light aquarium where they flattened out on the substrate, and in low light tanks they tend to do the opposite.

Is there a reason you're looking to trim your wendtii, or are you just being proactive about knowing how?

You don't generally have to trim wendtii because they won't get high in most circumstances, favoring instead to 'bush' out. How the look also depends on the light levels. I've kept crypts (albeit not wendtii) in a high light aquarium where they flattened out on the substrate, and in low light tanks they tend to do the opposite.

Is there a reason you're looking to trim your wendtii, or are you just being proactive about knowing how?

Just being proactive also can you split this plant to make two

Yes you can split crypts. Many times I've removed a large crypt and pulled apart sections to replant. It's very easy to do. Sometimes I remove outer leaves on my Wendtii if they get to bushy for the spot I keep them. Just trim them off as close to the crown of the plant as possible so you don't have little stems sticking up.

Yes you can split crypts. Many times I've removed a large crypt and pulled apart sections to replant. It's very easy to do. Sometimes I remove outer leaves on my Wendtii if they get to bushy for the spot I keep them. Just trim them off as close to the crown of the plant as possible so you don't have little stems sticking up.

Ok thanks a lot. It's not too big yet but it's only in a 29 gallon just wanna make sure I'm not gonna kill it. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom