Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scales!!!! Was getting worried out here man.. glad to here everything is hitting it's stride!! My girl is off.to the beach and I don't have anything scheduled until later so I may kick this build off... hey david, the staur repens has already grown quite a bit in the 30b, i may have to chuck some to keep it thin on the side.. i don't expect it to grow as fast in the taller tank, also the diy rig is almost to powerful, it's growing super algae..even with the diy co2 and a crap ton of metricide..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What a nightmare that was.. 6 hr's later.. I switched up the layout and moved the walichi to the back left and downoi all I've the middle left, pogo e. In middle back around the back of a rock.. despite Murphys law dropping a piano on my head.. i think it came out pretty good..

Attachments

• 1405213240503.jpg
    1405213240503.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 208
  • 1405213262007.jpg
    1405213262007.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
needs a little fine tuning..

Attachments

• 1405283308270.jpg
    1405283308270.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 220
Putting the dual sat + in this build later today woohooo! I'm leaving work early to pick them up, i know.. it's bad..ups closes at 5 though l, can't risk missing it..

Well it looks good!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well thank you! I do like the look of the black sand.. looks even better when it's buried under plants!!

Brookster's new 40b dual sat+ build

Well thank you! I do like the look of the black sand.. looks even better when it's buried under plants!!

Looks great with the black sand!

Are you just using black sand, or is it a cap for another substrate?

EDIT: nvm just read that it is a cap, lol missed that

Looks great with the black sand!

Are you just using black sand, or is it a cap for another substrate?

EDIT: nvm just read that it is a cap, lol missed that

Yah I capped this flourite black I got at really good price.. i was not going to cap it but it looked terrible under the lights so I made the mission..had to be done..

Looking good mate. Cant wait to see it grow in

Thanks man! Speaking of growth... going to look at a co2 setup Friday...hehe..

Thanks man! Speaking of growth... going to look at a co2 setup Friday...hehe..

Haha i told you so!! You'll be fully high tech now. You could even produce your own DHG carpet lol

Haha i told you so!! You'll be fully high tech now. You could even produce your own DHG carpet lol

Well.. deals no done yet, alot of these guys want full retail and I'm not paying it for used goods..id.really like to go high tech though. Oh yah DHG carpet cause you make it sound so great haha, I'd just keep what I have and hope they'd stay tight and neat or neat and tidy.

Well.. deals no done yet, alot of these guys want full retail and I'm not paying it for used goods..id.really like to go high tech though. Oh yah DHG carpet cause you make it sound so great haha, I'd just keep what I have and hope they'd stay tight and neat or neat and tidy.

Yea its an expensive investment tbh. I dont think youd regret it though

Yea its an expensive investment tbh. I dont think youd regret it though

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium
Some guy has a full rig, re add your for action for $110, another is questionable as to whether it works but if I can get it cheap cheap I'll just fix it up and run that one..

You can get an AQUATEK premium Regulator with cool touch solenoid from Amazon for about $89. Bubble counter and check valve included. Get the same setup from eBay and CO2 tubing is included.
Bud29 is selling an unused 20 oz paintball tank and adaptor for $25. Get an extra 24 oz paintball tank from Amazon for about $25.
Not quite GLA quality but will get you into the dark side at a lesser cost.

Back
Top Bottom