Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ready to run setup is a 5lb (filled) tank, aquatek solenoid, diffuser, 14' of the good tubing.. $105???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

:sly::sly::sly::D:D:cool:

Attachments

• 1405372181798.jpg
    1405372181798.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 1405372192528.jpg
    1405372192528.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 183
Yah brian, these lights are pretty impressive for the price.. top less she be.. great shimmer effect..there's almost room for one more...hmmmmmm...

Good morning! What a glorious sight to behold with my cup if coffee in hand..

Attachments

• 1405420631326.jpg
    1405420631326.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 170
It looks awesome! Is that a coral life thermometer? How do you like it? Is it always on?

-Nick-

It looks awesome! Is that a coral life thermometer? How do you like it? Is it always on?

-Nick-

Yup, it's fine, works well, little pricey though..it does stay on all the time.. marina makes one too, Lil cheaper. .

Thank you I don't really like the white analog magnet one I have thinking about swapping it out

-Nick-

I got it after a serious thermometer failure.. the rest of my tanks have the flouting torpedo dingies and they work fine..just compare them at the store to make sure they're accurate.

Good morning! What a glorious sight to behold with my cup if coffee in hand..

That is nice and bright.
It looks like you are introducing the CO2 into the marineland HOB. Are you using the biowheel or did you remove it? I'm thinking that using it would help remove the CO2. IMO I would just run the cartridges for mechanical filtration and whatever CO2 gets trapped in the cartridges will eventually get dissolved into the water due to the extended contact time.

That is nice and bright.
It looks like you are introducing the CO2 into the marineland HOB. Are you using the biowheel or did you remove it? I'm thinking that using it would help remove the CO2. IMO I would just run the cartridges for mechanical filtration and whatever CO2 gets trapped in the cartridges will eventually get dissolved into the water due to the extended contact time.

The diy went down sat. I knocked it over and everything went into the bubble counter.. I'm going to redo it tonight.. I'm thinking of running it into a power head? ? Thoughts? The bio wheel will prob be replaced with a canister filter soon enough.. i kind of like the wheel though..

I would run it through the powerhead. I actually stopped running mine through the HOB filter because the floss (only using it for mech filtration) would start to float and lift out of the water. Probably a combination of trapped CO2 bubbles, trapped detritus, and/or both. Now the mist gets caught in the HOB filter output and gets distributed that way. I have mixed feelings about the effectiveness of the biowheel versus ceramic media. I just stopped using it because of potential CO2 loss. When you go pressurized I don't think it will be such a big factor.

I run my co2 into my hydor 400 on my 55 and have found the efficiency is much greater than just the diffuser or running it into the filter. Tank looks great by the way!

I would run it through the powerhead. I actually stopped running mine through the HOB filter because the floss (only using it for mech filtration) would start to float and lift out of the water. Probably a combination of trapped CO2 bubbles, trapped detritus, and/or both. Now the mist gets caught in the HOB filter output and gets distributed that way. I have mixed feelings about the effectiveness of the biowheel versus ceramic media. I just stopped using it because of potential CO2 loss. When you go pressurized I don't think it will be such a big factor.

I'll give it a shot.. yah, I'm not 100% convinced it does anything more than spin and look nifty, i do like the flow coming out of the 200 for the cheap money..
I have packed with cut to Fit fiber and sponges..

I run my co2 into my hydor 400 on my 55 and have found the efficiency is much greater than just the diffuser or running it into the filter. Tank looks great by the way!
is it pressurized or diy?? Thanks! !

Fresh. . This is for you.. i set up a piece of dw to guard the walichi from the intake.. all I can think is x rated matrix..a few more pics too, top down of Mr pisto with perspective frontal..

Attachments

• 1405470021936.jpg
    1405470021936.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 1405470031913.jpg
    1405470031913.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 1405470040606.jpg
    1405470040606.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 1405470053471.jpg
    1405470053471.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 120
The R wallichii looks nice. Mine is finally showing more pink. The pogo is about where mine is (actually I have one decent stem and a bunch of runts). Next time I get pogo I'll see if it is submerged only. The die off from the emergent growth was about 90%.

Back
Top Bottom