Brown leaves and holes etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggaweng

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

Would anyone know why this is happening to my plants? Any help would be appreciated :) some are thinning and browning others are getting holes. Some breaking up around the edges??

Attachments

• image-2588464879.jpg
    image-2588464879.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 118
  • image-4010422747.jpg
    image-4010422747.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 133
How long have u had them if not long they might be acclimating that happened to mine, just cut those leafs they will grow back also use root tabs for swords they will grow pretty good aka wat kind of lights do u have

Thank you all for the help. I will check the levels and ask in my LFS what I can do to help it. I know I need new bulbs as they are nearly a year old and I use flourish excel. Thanks again for your help and kind comments.

Peggaweng said:
Thank you all for the help. I will check the levels and ask in my LFS what I can do to help it. I know I need new bulbs as they are nearly a year old and I use flourish excel. Thanks again for your help and kind comments.

Just a quick note that excel only provides carbon. (You could call it poor mans co2.)

Mumma.of.two said:
Just a quick note that excel only provides carbon. (You could call it poor mans co2.)

Are you calling me poor???!!!!! lol ;)

Thanks for the heads up. I will look into better ferts. Thanks again :)

Mumma.of.two said:
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/fertilizers_intro.php
Give this a read. It will help you understand what ferts your tanks needs.

GREAT article!!! I think I need some other ferts and more lighting. I had an algae issue so dropped lighting to a max of 6 hrs a day but often it is less. I am going to get a timer to help with that.

MANY MANY MANY thanks again to you all :)

If you have those holes, than I would suspect you already have enough light. Most plant deficiencies are caused by the plant needing minerals in another part of the plant (growing parts), so it cannibalizes it from lower leaves. The fact that you already have light to drive growth past what your tank can support suggests your lights are sufficient.

Kneejerk response is potassium (K) levels, as previously stated.

Back
Top Bottom