brown plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irish.OG87

Aquarium Advice Freak
When some leaves on plants are turning brown its pretty much an indicator they are dying right? Is there anyway to fix this?

I have the 23"-36" marineland reef capable led so ik I have enough light, any idea why my plants are about to croke??

What color is the light? What type of plants? Any ferts etc?

@rich311k color of the light?? thats confusing.
I use no ferts.
I use 50/50 eco complete and regular substrate.
Plants: 2x java fern, 2x micro sword, 2x chain sword, 3-4 water sprite, 3x corkscrew vals, 1x anubias and 2-3 clumps of java moss.

@Fishkeeper88 yes, it is the day/night marineland LED ( any idea what the wattage on this is? or any info on what this does for plants?

The marineland kit day/night kit doesn't support plant growth. I also found out the hard way after purchasing the aquarium. I had to go to the marineland website and look in the question and answer column about the kit. It says it there. I was very upset.

Ask around or you could ask marineland in the questions. I'm not sure sorry.

According to the Q&A on the marineland website about this light the one i have is the one that they recommend to grow plants with. WooHoo!!!

so now gettin back to my question....plants turning brown/yellowish, any ideas??

Is there new growth? Are all the leaves turning brown or just the old ones? Are all the plants effected or just some?

Ok, pics are on there way soon. pretty all of the 4-5 different runners i have are the ones with the discoloration, its more yellow than green. and the vals...well one looks like its been eatin, which i think is from a snail that came in with one of my plants!! ugh

I went out and bought some seachem flourish, do you think this will work for my plants and how long does it take for this flourish to work??

Back
Top Bottom