Bulbs for a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anybody know where I can get some 2 Flourscent 25 Watt screw in bulbs for my lighting hood? I have 2 Power compacts that are 10 watts each, but I doubt thats enough...

I have been looking for them in those places and I haven't found anything. Can someone just give a site to show me some so I could know what to look around for.

Rxblade123 said:
Seen those spiral ones 9 watts not very good. Not sure about more than that.

I have easily found them to 26 watts and up....I usually use the 13 watt sort in pairs...gives you 2.6 watts per gallon on a 10G.

That company's link I quoted earlier has these....23W/1500 Lumens each...gives you a total of 4.6W or 300L/Gallon:
http://www.nolico.com/saveenergy/23_watt_mini_swirl.htm

I tried bigalsonline.com only found those long ones or the coral lifes or whatever it was called. The ones Toirtis suggested seemed a bit pricey. Well to my anyways. My parents would be mad at me if I bought those.

Rxblade123 said:
I tried bigalsonline.com only found those long ones or the coral lifes or whatever it was called. The ones Toirtis suggested seemed a bit pricey. Well to my anyways. My parents would be mad at me if I bought those.

Those were just for demonstration and photos...I pay about $3-$4 each for mine at lighting shops, Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Wal Mart, etc.

Well I found one that looked exactly like the ones in the link, but when i tried it, it was like a yellowish light. That's bad for a tank right?

You don't want the light too yellowish. I have never seen a CF, apart from the coloured ones, that emits yellowish light.....usually, it is quite white.

OIC... So wat do I do? oh when I put in the 20 watt and the 10 watt together and used them it looked pretty good together I don't know why lol. Should I stay with it or return it?

Not sure it's says soft white 75, regular, everyday light. energy saver long life, at top it says general purpose. And it has this symbol in a circle. Can't taell wat it is.looks like a g and an e.

So... does anyone know if I should use the bulb? It gives off a yellowish light though, is that good?

Back
Top Bottom