Bunch of stem plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarf

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

I recently bought a bunch of stem plants from my LFS. They were bundled together near the bottom when I received them to keep them together for display in the LFS.

Just wondering, would I need to unbundle them?? ( i prefer not to)

Thanks

Stem plants are usually sold as 6 stems/bunch, or 12 stems/bunch, etc. They are usually bunched together for ease of getting the correct number of stems out of the tanks. I just bought some stem plants tonight, sold in a bunch of 6. I found 8 when I opened the bunch! :multi:

You should take the little clip off and plant each stem individually. They will look better as they grow if they are spread out just a little bit. You can plant them close together, but each stem should have its own planting hole. With stem plants, I sometimes find that a "checkerboard" pattern looks nice.

correct. And furthermore, if you don't remove the metal band that bundles them, the plant stems will rot where the band is.

The lead weight as Malkore said will definitely rot the plant where it's placed.
If you wanna keep 'em bunched, I use green sewing thread and bind them together loosely.

Thx,

Dave

Back
Top Bottom