Buying Plants???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cap

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I am about to make my first planted tank. Do yall normally buy your plants at a lfs or online store. If you buy online, what sites to you buy from?

Buying Plants

Hey guys I am about to make my first planted tank. Do yall normally buy your plants at a lfs or online store. If you buy online, what sites to you buy from?

Hello Cap...

I don't think you can go wrong buying plants from alphaprobreeders.

The website is: www.alphaprobreeders.com

B

www.aquariumplants.com

www.thatpetplace.com and go to their aquarium livestock tab

i also used to go to sweetaquatics.com but they have been very bad when it comes to shipping..it takes forever to arrive.

then you have some good members over here that sells or even give some plants away and just pay shipping. sometimes you can see them in the classifieds in here.

some folks here who sells are: jetajockey, SM and HN1, maxwellag, and others

I'm getting a shipment from liveaquaria.com tomorrow, but their fish are always good, so I assume their plants are good, too.

+1 to alphaprobreeders.com

Also, I'm sure Coursair will jump in here any minute and say the same thing, but The Planted Tank forum is apparently a great place to get plants as well. Good luck!

Thanks the responses guys. They were very helpful.

The Classified forum.
Best place for the best quality, quantity and shipping from the members of AA.

+1 AquariumPlants.com
I love these guys. Their customer service is second to none.

ExtraPlant.us
These guys are in Florida and are basically the little guy's middle man for ordering from Florida Aquatic Nursery. I live in Florida so shipping ends up being cheap and very fast.

I only buy from my LFS on the day they receive their plants ( I get a discount) and from other hobbyists. Retailers are always a crapshoot from order to order even if you order from the same place. Aquariumplants.com is notorious for bad customer service and wrong plants or low quality material....You have to be lucky for them to not louse up your order. Az gardens is a scam store.

I have gotten several great orders from aquariumplants and they always have thrown in extras too.

I will agree though that other hobbyists are the best sources.

Yes I do plug TPT. No affiliation ;)
APC ( Aquatic Plant Central )
Here
Local Clubs !
Craigslist
I refuse to pay retail if I don't have to.

I've gotten great deals from hobbyists.

TPT is a great resource, especially for some of the more rare species.

And yes, the difference between retail and finding hobbyists through forums and auction sites is well worth the effort to seek them out - You can usually find folks willing to ship trimmings, especially of common plants, for next to nothing except for the cost of shipping.

Back
Top Bottom