Buying Plants online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NetBloke

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone!

Has anyone ever bought plants online?

If so from where?

The plants in the stores seem too expensive for too little. I just need to get a start and then I should be able to grow and harvest my own!

At least I was lucky enough to be able to do that in Australia.

I mainly want some swords and java fern.

Thanks
Nathan

Go to the general retailers forum, and see my post about aquariumplant.com. I was darn satisfied, but no choice of plants and no java fern included.

I'll be trying some other places also soon.

I'll let you know in a few days as I have placed an order with True Aquarium Plants for my tank and my son's. The site had lots of pictures and good descriptions of the plants. When I called with questions, I was answered pleasantly although some of the plants that I wanted were back-ordered. So they will be delivered in 2 more days and we'll see what shape they come in.

The plants I ordered from True Aquarium Plants were terrific. They arrived in good condition and extras were sent! I would not hesitate to order from them again. Good luck with your tank.

That is great. So what exactly did you get? What were the prices? Size of the plants?

BTW I ended up finding a java fern locally. $4 for a BIG plant - I was impressed, early bought up all of their stock!

Back
Top Bottom