C02 bubble counter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sam

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had to replace my bubble counter since my old one has crack in it. The problem I'm having now is I thought I had more bubble counter liquid but I don't. Is there something else I can put in it that would work the same. I really don't feel like waiting another 4 to 5 days for one to come in the mail

I had to replace my bubble counter since my old one has crack in it. The problem I'm having now is I thought I had more bubble counter liquid but I don't. Is there something else I can put in it that would work the same. I really don't feel like waiting another 4 to 5 days for one to come in the mail

You mean a drop checker? A bubble counter is just filled with water?

Really? Since I started using one about a year or so ago i had to by some Solution for about $5.

Really? Since I started using one about a year or so ago i had to by some Solution for about $5.

All a bubble counter does is exactly what it's title says. The co2 passes through the chamber and the bubbles exhaust the Co2. What do you mean by a solution? Not to be a jerk but you are aware of the difference between a bubble counter and a drop checker right? The counter just gives you an idea of how much is going into the tank and the DC tells you exactly what the PPM concentration is.

Yes I have a drop checker in my tank and I know the Difference. A bubble counter counts allows you to count the C02 bubbles so you have a better idea of the amount of C02 you are putting in your tank. A drop checker Measures the amount of C02 in your tank and tells you if you have to much, to little, or just enough by changing color

Yes I have a drop checker in my tank and I know the Difference. A bubble counter counts allows you to count the C02 bubbles so you have a better idea of the amount of C02 you are putting in your tank. A drop checker Measures the amount of C02 in your tank and tells you if you have to much, to little, or just enough by changing color

Exactly, who told you to add a solution to the bubble counter? Just simply add water, that's it!

Just use water for the bubble counter, I know that's what's recommended depending on your method of diffusing. With an atomizer water is recommended instead of mineral oil.

Fishgovno 11-02-2006, 08:15 AM I was informed that insted of using water in the bubble counter(due to quick evap) I can safely use liquid glycerine with no harm to equipment/flora or fauna. Has anyone tried this or recomend it? Thank you. I think this is what I've been using. From my understanding its better to us in a Pressurized system

Special high viscosity liquid to prevent evaporation and spillage in Bubble Counter. To be used externally only and comes in 50 mL spout cap for easy & direct application. Imported from Germany.

image-2943167976.png

I just simply unscrew the bubble counter cap a little and allow water to flow into the cylinder.

Back
Top Bottom