C02 canister?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SiberianBlood

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i was wondering how long each tank would last before a refill in a 150 gal tank at 2-2.5 bpm

20oz
5 pound
10 pound
20 pound.

any suggestions on wich one i should get?
and what bpm i should run?

i have low to medium light but am running into a little bit of BGa at the moment. i will be getting t5ho lites sometime soon (hopefully ha)

suggestions?

I don't quite think 2-2.5bpm is going to do much of anything. I run 4-6 bps on my 125 and it only stays at about 25-30ppm co2 with very little surface agitation and a highly efficient reactor.

That said, 20oz isn't going to last you very long. I run a 5lb cylinder on my tanks. I have a manifold off the regulator allowing me to run co2 on 2 tanks from 1 reg but 2 needle valves. I've had my 5lb for 2 months now, so its at least that long. From what I've seen, anywhere from 6 months to a year on smaller tanks, so you're probably going to see 4-8 months if you run yours like mine. Bigger cylinders will obviously last considerably longer.

I've been running around 2 bps in my 30g long for almost a full year (May will be 1 year) now with a 5lb tank. Not sure how the equates into a 150g...

I agree with Jonathan though, 2 bps will not get you much in a 150g. 2-2.5bps gets me right at 30ppm in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom