C02 For a Planted Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thefoodieandrew

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So, I have a new ten gallon tank with a half moon double tail male Betta in it along with some very basic aquascaping. My first priority is to make sure that the fish is thriving but I would also like the tank to look nice. I feel like I ought to be fertilizing and adding C02 into my tank, but since I am new to live plants I don't know how this will affect my fish. In the end my question really is; will added C02 and or fertilizer hurt my Betta?

Ps. This is my fish....
IMG_1869.jpg

You could just trickle in the CO2 but generally a betta should be fine. I'd grab a drop-checker as well.

Ferts is a tricky one. In general I think clean water is best but a nice planted tank can be run using moderate ferts and CO2. The plants are useful in keeping the water clean as well.

I run a high-tech CO2 injected tank and fish are fine. Perhaps just as important is keeping the organic detritus as low as possible.

You could just trickle in the CO2 but generally a betta should be fine. I'd grab a drop-checker as well.

Ferts is a tricky one. In general I think clean water is best but a nice planted tank can be run using moderate ferts and CO2. The plants are useful in keeping the water clean as well.

I run a high-tech CO2 injected tank and fish are fine. Perhaps just as important is keeping the organic detritus as low as possible.

Thanks for the advice

Gradually, I killed a juvie
Betta, didn't like the ph swings. In a 10 gal you should be ok, what plants?

Back
Top Bottom