C02 Systems ANyone use the Plant Gro Co2 Natural System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
depends on how big your tank is. I have one on my ten gallon and love it. I use sugar and yeast instead of packets. Of course, diy co2 is practically the same thing and way cheaper. You'll need more than one on anything bigger than a 30, and even then pressurized is recommended

Those little things are great. I have one on my 5.5 gal as well, and as long as the tank is under about 15 gallons I think one is plenty. I really like how the canister is designed to tightly seal, unlike the soda bottle system I have on my other tank, and the ladder diffuser is a very effective way to go on a smaller tank. Definitely use sugar, bread machine yeast and baking soda, can't be simpler. Get yourself a check valve for the airline tubing to prevent a syphon effect.

Jeffs,

What size tank you got?

Personally, I can't see spending money on something that you can make for a fraction of the price. DIY CO2 is really not that hard to build.

Well, the real gem in teh Hagen kit is that ladder diffuser. The packets and grey canister aren't that great, tho that canister is big enuf for a 10 gallon...it just doesn't cut it on a 20gallon or larger.
but that diffuser...i hooked it up to pressurized in a 75gallon, and got my CO2 up to 23ppm without too high a bubble count. that was temporary until my reactor shipped...but it worked.
drsFosterSmith.com sells just the diffuser piece for about $9 I think.

Back
Top Bottom