Caliban's 46G Dirted Bowfront Evolved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Compared to some it's still tiny but it's too big for me at present in this house.

Looking forward to the LED lighting and shallower tank. Still not sure if it will allow perfect access but has to be better.

I'll be using eco complete.

Can't go wrong with LED's. No replacing globes, more options for dimming etc. I love the fact I can do just about anything with my LEDs

I love this tank size for the amount of community fish it holds. My top recommendation for a lovely low tech planted tank.

But I love my small tanks for easy pwc and convenience of not having much work to on them.

Converted to USA gallons your new tank would be about 22.5G That is a sharp looking tank. Low iron is great. I broke my 12G bottom glass so be very careful as the glass is more brittle. And being rimless slips out of the hands easier as there's no rim as a last grasp, lol ;) . Looking forward to the new tank.

I love this tank size for the amount of community fish it holds. My top recommendation for a lovely low tech planted tank.

But I love my small tanks for easy pwc and convenience of not having much work to on them.

Converted to USA gallons your new tank would be about 22.5G That is a sharp looking tank. Low iron is great. I broke my 12G bottom glass so be very careful as the glass is more brittle. And being rimless slips out of the hands easier as there's no rim as a last grasp, lol ;) . Looking forward to the new tank.

Thanks. I've loved keeping my fish but truth be known I've never really been 'up' on the fishy side of things. I am and have always been a keen gardener and aspire to have my own greenhouse as soon as the garden size permits. Despite covering my garden with slabs due to the new puppy.

I find it much more rewarding creating the habitat for the fish and watching how they interact and so plants have taken seat much further forward than I thought they ever would. A small nano shoal some shrimp and a medium sized centrepiece will do me once these fish have gone.

Thanks for the heads up on the tank. Going to look at it possibly Thursday but likely Sunday.

Bye bye 46g BF. This thread is approaching 1 year. Perhaps a photo dump of its evolution would be a fitting tribute.
Looking forward to the new build.

And a new adventure in life begins...

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bye bye 46g BF. This thread is approaching 1 year. Perhaps a photo dump of its evolution would be a fitting tribute.
Looking forward to the new build.

I shall do that or a YouTube video with slides perhaps. Not sure how to do that though.

I'll also compile a short list of things I have learned throughout this build.

Cheers

I haven't added anything to the bowfront in a while. No co2, no ferts etc. Just water changes and small feeding. Tank is hardly stocked now. No algae either. Just that which escaped the scrubber pre soil sub.

The plants are just starting to show signs of co2 deficiency but it's been a very slow decline. Was expecting much faster deterioration. Growth is very slow too despite the T5 output but has been positive overall.

As soon as the new LED turns up it's bye bye bowfront. Had a few no shows with regards to selling it so it's looking like a give away or the local tip.

IMG_1478265585.909767.jpg

I hate flaky people. Karma will come back on those no shows!

I hate flaky people. Karma will come back on those no shows!

That's the problem with sites like Craig's list and gumtree. Everybody thinks they are a wheeler dealer or are entitled to something for nothing.

One guy asked me how much I would accept for it despite me breaking everything down for him. That included £0 for the actual tank.

He then proceeded to ask what about sand and background? I told him to use the money that he would save on buying a brand new setup to get those (which would be about £250). He didn't reply.

I agree. But remember there are lots of good Craigslist customers too. I got 2 Biorbs and 1 Biube off there over the past 6 months and haven't flaked on anyone yet.

Yea there are but I think there's more flakes lol I use Craigslist slot here in Austin tx

If I was in the uk I'd jump at a free tank any day! In Aus u would get 2-300 for this tank. It's crazy that no one wants it!

If I was in the uk I'd jump at a free tank any day! In Aus u would get 2-300 for this tank. It's crazy that no one wants it!

It's ridiculous really. Even a second hand one in good condition will fetch £180-200. Guys haggling me for another £20 off so he wants a full 46 gallon setup for £65.

He's got it for £60. The T5HO which cost me £95 less than 12 months ago is coming off and the old T8 unit is going on. Muhahaha.

Lol
I hope he's not reading this thread!

Some of your threads would scare the crap out of him.

Back
Top Bottom