Caliban's 46G Dirted Bowfront Evolved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
46G with stand and misc and stock light low price is around 100 with basically nothing - $125 with gravel and basic filter. $150 for lots of stuff. So sad you aren't getting much. Maybe he really is appreciative for the great opportunity for the upgrade.

Looking to your future build for new wonderment :)!

Did you take a look at that specific tank you thought you wanted? Fluval Edge has an Edge 3 coming out soon in the USA but it is supposedly already out in Europe (I don't know that for sure).

46G with stand and misc and stock light low price is around 100 with basically nothing - $125 with gravel and basic filter. $150 for lots of stuff. So sad you aren't getting much. Maybe he really is appreciative for the great opportunity for the upgrade.

Looking to your future build for new wonderment :)!

Did you take a look at that specific tank you thought you wanted? Fluval Edge has an Edge 3 coming out soon in the USA but it is supposedly already out in Europe (I don't know that for sure).

It's all sorted and ready to go[emoji39]

IMG_1478333660.119307.jpg

Yeah it's a bit sucky but to be fair I did buy the setup for £160 second hand so an overall loss of £100 but for much enjoyment. I can now sell the T5 unit for a small fee and the JBL e1501 filter that I bough 5 months ago. Love chucking money away me.

Now I need my new LED to arrive and to source a suitable filter for this tank.

The beginning of something awesome. Where is the one gonna live? Same spot as its predecessor?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The beginning of something awesome. Where is the one gonna live? Same spot as its predecessor?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's been very quickly set up already! Had to make the transition quickly. Now front has gone. I think now is a fitting time to do a photo dump of its progression. :)

IMG_1478352088.885477.jpg
IMG_1478352113.206553.jpg
IMG_1478352155.318611.jpg
IMG_1478352194.765633.jpg

Yes. There are a few more but these are the best ones. The early few are before the co2.

Well all the pics are great and I am awe of how many different ways you moved stuff around, and then moved it again. And then again.

Looks great!

Well all the pics are great and I am awe of how many different ways you moved stuff around, and then moved it again. And then again.

Looks great!

Yeah it's hardly stood still has it? I've enjoyed it though. Spent hundreds after hundreds. Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for the kind words.

RIP 46 bow front :( such a nice tank!

They are a good tank. The panoramic view can make things look stellar. Shame about the size and Juwels insistence on making their tanks look dated. The scratches didn't help. It's gone to a good home. The guy who took it was a nice guy. Wanted it for his cichlids. He got a good deal and I didn't have to throw it away.

Someone else came for the T5 fixture yesterday so all in all it was an eventful day.

They are a good tank. The panoramic view can make things look stellar. Shame about the size and Juwels insistence on making their tanks look dated. The scratches didn't help. It's gone to a good home. The guy who took it was a nice guy. Wanted it for his cichlids. He got a good deal and I didn't have to throw it away.

Someone else came for the T5 fixture yesterday so all in all it was an eventful day.

Nice work! Has the light come for the new one yet?
I think I'm about to rescape my 90g Oscar tank. The Texas and dempsy have been going at it because they can't establish territory. Few more hiding places is in order I think!

Nice work! Has the light come for the new one yet?
I think I'm about to rescape my 90g Oscar tank. The Texas and dempsy have been going at it because they can't establish territory. Few more hiding places is in order I think!

No I think It's coming from China. Delivery date is 11th Nov at the earliest.

Nice do you have a thread on the cichlid tank?

Love to see the progression pics of a tank all together. It is great to see what you started out with and then each "era" where your tried that, wanted more of this, loved this plant, hated that plant, got sick of it all and redo it and so on!!!

Can't wait to see the new tank. Do you have pics and a thread yet? Make sure to post a link for the new one!!!

No I think It's coming from China. Delivery date is 11th Nov at the earliest.

Nice do you have a thread on the cichlid tank?

No thread for that one. I've posted a photo of it in my planted thread before though. Still planning on how I'm going to do it. Thinking terracotta pipes into some sort of rock formation. Will need to be very sturdy though as my Oscar is a big boy and likes to move things around haha

Love to see the progression pics of a tank all together. It is great to see what you started out with and then each "era" where your tried that, wanted more of this, loved this plant, hated that plant, got sick of it all and redo it and so on!!!

Can't wait to see the new tank. Do you have pics and a thread yet? Make sure to post a link for the new one!!!

Thanks Autumn. I sure did. It's here http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/cals-aquaopti-85l-352135.html

No thread for that one. I've posted a photo of it in my planted thread before though. Still planning on how I'm going to do it. Thinking terracotta pipes into some sort of rock formation. Will need to be very sturdy though as my Oscar is a big boy and likes to move things around haha

Ah i see. That sounds like a good plan. I couldn't imagine keeping an oscar. I'd need another house the size of mine next to it haha.

Ah i see. That sounds like a good plan. I couldn't imagine keeping an oscar. I'd need another house the size of mine next to it haha.

Haha yea his tank takes up a lot of room. Over the next few years I recon I'll have to upgrade to a 150g+. If I buy a house over the next year or so I'll get a 6footx2x2 for him to live out his days in ;) it's insane to think he will outlive my dog haha

Back
Top Bottom