Can anyone reccomend a 48" NO bulb I can get at Homedep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfink

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just hooked my little brother up with a bunch of my low light plants as I am converting my tank to high light. However, he needs two new bulbs for his 48" fixture, and he is too tight on cash for fancy aquarium bulbs.

Can anyone reccomend a bulb that would normally be stocked at Homedepot or lowes?

Thanks!!

absolutely. all you need to look for is a bulb listed as 'daylight'. they may also have 'plant & aquarium' bulb made by phillips, sylvania or GE. this bulb usually has a pinkish/purplish look to it, and is similar to the 9325K GE compact fluorescent bulb.

The 'daylight' bulbs are usually 6500-10000k, and sufficient for growing plants. Avoid any 'energy efficient' bulbs as these are an ugly brown/yellow light.

They might be $10 each. I know when I got my 24" daylight and plant bulbs at Home Depot, the plant tube was about $7 and the daylight about $5. 48" should be a couple dollars more.

Malkore is right. Homedepot carries 2 good bulbs,

6500k Daylight Deluxe
5000k Natural Sunshine.

I used a combination of both on my tank.

HD here has a 2 pack of Ultra Daylight, for $5.99. I personally prefer the Natural Sunshine, as it has a higher CRI. Either one will do.

If I remeber correctly, I got a pair of GE Daylights 6700k for $6.99 at Lowes. I have it paired with an aquarium bulb from petsmart, but they should be fine by its self.

Back
Top Bottom