can anyone tell me what these are??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boggerscott

Aquarium Advice Regular
what are these things growing off my plants ??? good??? or bad?? there like streamers.
img_746379_0_c97d8a7821db1958c3db36361133e19b.jpg

img_746379_1_be3e62c868a4d9b1eba001d4ddb3d4c7.jpg

img_746379_2_a3890b6c93d74186b554564d8903d08d.jpg

Roots. You can snip them off if they bother you. If you leave them, they'll eventually anchor the plant.

Water roots. They suggest the water collumn does not have enough nutrients to keep the plant happy, and they are trying to get to the substrate to get some nutrients.

ok thanks jessica rabbit "lol" will this help stabilize the plant also? does this also mean i need to start doseing nutrients?

well like you all know im new to this what nutrient should i supply my plants other than light? any recommendations?

Need more info:

How much light?
What size tank?
Lightly planted, medium planted, or heavily planted?
What's your fish load?

ok i just read all the sticky and WOW! what a ton of great info. probly could have saved you all alot of headache earlyer with questions i asked that are in the stickys. plus i put my info in that will go in with all my post. have a light plant load now but have all planes of fillen er up. i read with low medium light i really only need potasium and iron , some seachem stuff called florish should work i guess??

Just a note: IMHO water roots like that occur when a plant that prefers to root feed does not have its feet wet yet. Let the plant put down some solid ground roots, trim the hanging water roots once it gets happy, and it should eventually quit putting out the hanging water roots. IME water roots like you're seeing only occur when a plant doesn't have its feet in the soil solidly yet. Once it gets happy and puts its feet down, it will likely quit putting out those hangers.

Back
Top Bottom