Can plant melt if i return it to shops aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orca2013

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can plant (Cryptocoryne wendtii 'green' attached to lava rock) die if i put it in another aquarium and after 12h move it again in first one?

I ask this cause i bought it in pet shop, and tried to put it in my aquarium, but it did not fitted so I asked sailor in pet shop to give me same but smaller and he refused. He said plant might die cause it was 12h in my aquarium. I just lost 35 dollars :(

Crypts should be planted with roots in the substrate as they are heavy root feeders. You need to remove it off the rock. Crypts can melt anytime the are moved but almost always grow back. Also if it's too large you can split it into smaller plants.

I have crypt on my drift wood and it is growing I don't know if it attached or if it is just stuck. It has been there for about 1 1/2 months

Attachments

• image-3179660982.jpg
    image-3179660982.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 66
I have crypt on my drift wood and it is growing I don't know if it attached or if it is just stuck. It has been there for about 1 1/2 months

That looks more like a Sword to me. If you want something to attach on your DW look into Anubia's, Java Ferns, or Bolbitus. They will attach and spread unlike the plant your using now.

Back
Top Bottom