Can someone help me out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zimmanski

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive been looking for days with google searches and online pet stores and cant find anything, Im hoping someone might know a different manufacturer or something to get me going in the right direction. Im looking for a rimless aquarium that will fit on a stand that is 36" long and 16.5" wide. Preferably I would like a shallower tank than a cube, the tank also has to be larger than 20 gallons, I will be replacing my rimmed 20g and I cant see taking space away from the fish because I want to change the look. The closest I came to finding something is the Nuvo 24 but I dont really like that all that usable space is being taken up by their filter. Anyone have any ideas??? Please and thank you

Thanks I did check them out, guess ill have to get a quote from them, not sure I like their delivery schedule though.

The only other option I can think of is to get a rimless tank you like that's manufactured and get a different stand. I haven't heard of many reviews about glasscages, but I think I recall hearing that they aren't as good as the others.

I once got a custom tank from glasscages.com, had to drive about an hour to Boston to meet the truck delivery, but it was worth it, decent (not perfect, silicone could have been neater!) construction. I would recommend them.

Another tank manufacturer to look at could be mr. Aqua, I recently got a rimless 7g cube for $50 from Amazon and think its an awesome tank for the price. All their tanks are rimless I'm just not sure how large they make them, worth a google.

Is replacing the stand out the question? Because you may find a cheaper rimless combo for less than a custom order...

Well it is a DIY stand so changing the top wouldnt be too hard. I would really like it to be 30" so I could use my same light or I could go up to 36. Just would really like a tank that has a good footprint to it so I could do an aquascape I have in mind. I requested a quote from glasscages for a 36x16x16 but I'm pretty sure its going to be way to expensive for me to consider as an option.

I did see on another forum that someone bought a 40b at petco and derimmed it then DIYed a euro brace in the center, that may be the way I go, I would DIY the whole tank but I don't have enough confidence that I could get it done without a bunch if water eventually being on my floor haha

I DIYed the stand so I could fit my ten gallon underneath my 20g long.

Mr aqua I really like their prices, but the largest I see for sale it 33 gallons and its only 24" long

If you decide to modify your stand or get a new one, there's also TruAqua.com High Clarity Glass Aquarium Tanks

Oh and lastly, GLA is building a new facility and they said that they would start selling rimless tanks again. Not sure when that would be exactly. Might be soon though. Might be worth contacting them and the wait?

Is acrylic an option?

Acrylic is an option, I'm not sure if there are any benefits or draw backs to them. I've never had an acrylic tank.

If you decide to modify your stand or get a new one, there's also TruAqua.com High Clarity Glass Aquarium Tanks

Oh and lastly, GLA is building a new facility and they said that they would start selling rimless tanks again. Not sure when that would be exactly. Might be soon though. Might be worth contacting them and the wait?

I wouldn't be getting this tank until after the canister and lily pipes are in on my 8 gallon so at least 2 months unless I find a steal on a tank. Shipping from the UK would be super expensive wouldn't it?

Back
Top Bottom