Can someone ID these species of plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SKjEi o2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It has teardrop shaped leaves with white streaks on themImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388434339.286497.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388434353.918764.jpg.

The next one is low growing and has long brownish-red colored leaves.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388434461.235497.jpg.

The last one reminds me of water wisteria but is a little different.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388434515.435677.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388434541.970416.jpg

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Top is aluminum plant. Its not an underwater plant middle looks like a crypt and bottom seems to be wisteria. Mine is the same way

Thanks for the help. I'm really pissed off that my LFS would sell me a non aquatic plant.

Anyways thanks for the help.

If it is wisteria, it's grown under low light and if you put it in higher light will probably grow more typical. I still think it looks funny for wisteria though.

Aluminium is sold at every LFS in my city, its a common one unfortunately. But some people like to use it and replace whenever it starts to look bad. You could take it out and grow it as a house plant instead?

If it is wisteria, it's grown under low light and if you put it in higher light will probably grow more typical. I still think it looks funny for wisteria though.

Aluminium is sold at every LFS in my city, its a common one unfortunately. But some people like to use it and replace whenever it starts to look bad. You could take it out and grow it as a house plant instead?

I have normal looking wisteria in the same tank. The leaves are completely different. The unknown species grows so much better than my wisteria.

And yes, I planted the aluminum in a pot and put it near my aquariums. During my water changes, I'll water the aluminum.

Thank you. How long should it take for it to change leaves?

I've had them for about 2 months now... Do I have to do something for it to adapt other than submerging it?

Back
Top Bottom