Canadian Aquarium Plant People

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pteronarcys

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,
I have been doing planted tanks for a long time now. I got into it when I was working for AquariumEnvironments in Houston, Texas (moved down there briefly for 3 years). That was about 10 years now. I have been living in Calgary, Alberta for 3 years now. I have had my 65 gal set up for about 2 years. I am a teacher and I was working at BigAl's as a part time job to supplement my hobby. While I was working there I was able to order plants from tropica within our store orders. Well there is new management/ownership there and I stopped working there last summer. I have since had a hard time finding the nice plants that I used to have access to (no more special privileges for ordering). The LFS seem to order the same old same old.
I have looked into ordering from Aquariumplants.com since they have excellent selection and I used to order from them when I lived in Houston. I have ordered their awesome digital CO2 regulator from them, but not their live goods because of fears of losing my order at the border. So I am looking for other Canadian aquarium planters to trade with (either locally or other provinces that will ship).
I recently tore down my tank and started over. All ADA products for substrates. I have some plants I saved and transferred over, but there are several plants I am looking for and can't seem to find.

Here is my list:
3 x Cabomba Purple (Red) (Cabomba pulcherrima) $2.29

3 x Myrio, Red (Myriophyllum heterophyllum) $2.29

3 x Limnophila hippuroides (Limnophila aromatica 'hippuroides') $2.99

8 x Baby Tears , Dwarf (Hemianthus callitrichoides)(potted) $3.84

3 x Pogostemon helferi (Hellfire) $5.99

Now I have found baby tears at Big Als but they have small pots with about 4 leafs in each pot (so basically nothing in a pot) and are adamant that that is how they get it and its $13 a pot. Pisces didn't have any for a long time and when they do, they are all brown and have algae. Pretty much the same issues with the pogostemon. The others I have only seen on aquariumplants website and nothing in canada. So was hoping fellow hobbists might have some. I am willing to purchase and pay for shipping.

Other than that I am also just interested in meeting other hobbists.

Look forward to hearing from everyone.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom