can't even get anachris to grow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, thanks. May be lazy and cheap for the time being and get the 6500k bulbs where ever I find them. Do you know if the effectiveness of the bulbs diminishes over time or do they just die like regular bulbs? Asking because I know the UVB output on the fluorescent bulbs I use for my turtle is only good for 6-8months, but then those are meant only to provide UVB.

On this one, 15W CF x 1.75 = 26.25, but a 10g is significantly shallower, so you could maybe multiply this by 1.5 or even 2.0, to 40 or 50 W total, so you're probably somewhere between 3 and 4.5 WPG in the 10.

With smaller aquariums (under 20 gallons) you reach a point where the WPG "rule" breaks down. Smaller aquariums actually need more WPG to get the same light levels as larger aquariums. With that lighting I would say that they probably have medium low to medium light based on the comments of others with the same setup.

See, way too much for my brain. You can ask me how to bill prescriptions, but don't ask me to figure out WPG lights or how many watts you need for a heater. Just give me a chart. *lol*

My fiance, the math whiz and all around brains figured out the lighting from reading this thread. Now he knows exactly what we need for our other tanks. Gotta love him ;)

Back
Top Bottom