can't get rid of this cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m-man

Aquarium Advice Regular
my tank always looks like this, i can't get the water clear, theres like this slight whiteish cloud in there, the water quality is good as far as i know.
its a 46gal, penguin 330 filter, 96W CF,
pH 7.2, Kh 2, Nitrate 3ppm,
all the fish are happy, just the tank has this haze, even after waterchanges each week.

Attachments

• dsc00020_165.jpg
    dsc00020_165.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 27
  • dsc00020_165.jpg
    dsc00020_165.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 26
Is your tap water hazy too?

Your filter might not be fine enough to polish the water. This assumes it is particulates in the water.

Another possibility is a bacteria bloom of some kind, does it get worse or better after water changes? how about 3 days after the water change (worse or better)?

For me, hazy water indicates that I need to clean my filters.

how long has this tank been set up? do you change the filters, or clean the old ones? it does look like a bacteria bloom from the pic.

It just looks like particulate to me. I'm guessing from your initial post that your tank has been set up for a little while (talking about weekly water changes).

Those HOB penguin filters really don't do a whole lot. My 45g used to look like that before I got a canister filter. We'll see what other people say, but that's my guess.

my tank is like this most of the time aswell. all the levels are fine and the filter is clean but i just get this light cloudyness. i would love to know what it is.

Back
Top Bottom