Cardamine Lyrata

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishguy04

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I've had this plant in my tank for about a month now and over the past few days I've noticed the bottom leaves starting to die of and form holes. The top of the plant is growing strong and I'm adding supplements every few days. Is this normal for this plant? Also, if I want to trim a stem that is to long can I re-plant it. I've attached some pictures to help.

Attachments

• image-4196051800.jpg
    image-4196051800.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3547339166.jpg
    image-3547339166.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 93
  • image-4057661999.jpg
    image-4057661999.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 204
  • image-1967769723.jpg
    image-1967769723.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 92
You can cut it and replant it for sure. The stump will split into two new heads and make the bush thicker.

As what your nutrient issue is, what you are describing sounds like a potassium issue along with possibly another macronutrient issue (phosphate or nitrate). A nitrate tar can usually rule out the later, but phosphate and potassium are much less common test kits. Does the supplement you're using contain macronutrients, potassium especially?

You can cut it and replant it for sure. The stump will split into two new heads and make the bush thicker.

As what your nutrient issue is, what you are describing sounds like a potassium issue along with possibly another macronutrient issue (phosphate or nitrate). A nitrate tar can usually rule out the later, but phosphate and potassium are much less common test kits. Does the supplement you're using contain macronutrients, potassium especially?

The supplement I'm using doesn't say it contains potassium. Since you did mention nitrate, the one thing I've noticed over the last two water changes (one a week). When I've test the water before I change it my nitrate levels are between 0 and 5ppm, when prior to this one I did my water changes I use to find my nitrates around 20 - 30ppm. Could this be the issue? Also I've noticed my amazon sword hasn't sprouted any new leaves in the past week or so, but looks healthy

Back
Top Bottom