caring for otocinclus catfish eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do your oto eggs look like? I have some eggs and I have two otos, but I'm not sure if theyre snail eggs. I have a picture

image-1954111095.jpg

I have no input, as I've never had oto eggs... but I'm curious if you witnessed their breeding habits? Two of mine have been doing what seems to be very close to what mbuna do when they're breeding. I haven't really gone in to much depth in google, but I'm just wondering if you might have seen anything like that.

the fish swim side by side. then one forms an arch with its body. next the other fish comes up with its nose in the arch and they make "T" shape. i haven't witnessed mine, it happened in the middle of the night but i read about it online.

* there is actually very little info about these fish breeding in captivity. so im working really hard to keep this thread alive.

I have no input, as I've never had oto eggs... but I'm curious if you witnessed their breeding habits? Two of mine have been doing what seems to be very close to what mbuna do when they're breeding. I haven't really gone in to much depth in google, but I'm just wondering if you might have seen anything like that.

Here's a video: Otocinclus spawning - YouTube.

It takes about 5 days from the times the eggs are laid until the fry are free swimming, so get some brine shrimp and infusoria going ASAP if you haven't already.

Wow, that's exactly what they were doing. Sorry for kind of hijacking your thread fishkeeper. Perhaps you can use this for tips once you start seeing some more progress.

Here's a video: Otocinclus spawning - YouTube.

It takes about 5 days from the times the eggs are laid until the fry are free swimming, so get some brine shrimp and infusoria going ASAP if you haven't already.

i picked first bites which has alot of stuff in it such as fish meal, wheat flour, krill meal,soybean meal, brewers yeast, dried seaweed meal, spirulina, rice bran and garlic ect. hopefully it works

Back
Top Bottom