carpet plants / ground cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do not think you will require any supplementation, but you will see when you get the plants and they grow. If you see lack of growth, yellowing or browning of the leaves you know there is something lacking.

In your case, with lower lighting, leave the lights on for a good 10-12 hour cycle. If you grow algae, cut back on the duration and that should take care of it.

I am very interested to see pics of this when you get it laid out, and after it has grown in. :)

will do!

as for lighting...i'm going to stick with one 96watt 6700K bulb for right now to keep overall costs down. if i need another, i can always add it later since the price of two 1x96 is the nearly the same as one 2x96.

well to jump in here, now that everyone is crazy-go-nuts over this plan, where are you buying the plants? from said family member or from an online store? i'm in the process of redesigning a tank and have similar dillusions of grandeur.

I think (too lazy to go back over the last 5 pages of this thread.. 8O ) that Mr Burns is getting it from AZGardens. I have ordered from them twice before and have mixed feelings. The shipping charges about killed me and I was not thrilled with the size of the plants I received. Many people have excellent reviews of this company so I am not going to rule them out completely. I think if I was in the market for some exotic shrimp or other algae eater I would probably use them, and I got a wonderful deal on nerite snails there.

I was much happier with my experience using Floridadriftwood.com, where the prices were much more reasonable, shipping was less, and the size of the plants was greater (an extra plant I did not order was thrown in, as well, no complaints :D ). Also check out plantgeek.net. Off-Ice has some great stuff, and some great plant profiles can be found there, as well.

to be honest, i'm going to check if the family/relative aquarium shop can order it in. gotta support the family biz first. in the unlikely event they are unable to locate a supplier, i will order from floridadriftwood. i'm not going to be able to start building the tank until the weather here in cincy warms up, so i may just start on the background decorations. i'm going to be looking for slate on friday (no school b/c of lazy professors,) and i may also check out a local stone/rock supplier from something interesting to put in the tank. i may also consider trying to get the xmas moss shipped in the next week or two and start growing it in the extra 10gal tank i have...it's worth a shot to get a head start.

Dr Danio...you said "crazy go nuts." i want to change my username to Strong Bad now :D

Back
Top Bottom