Cave to hide, which plants to use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't know if I want to hide it completely but a good cover of plants would be very useful. I have a lot of different plants, thanks to all the members who have helped. I know I will be covering it with Christmas moss sooner or later but I need plants for in front of and behind it.

Pearl weed, primrose, R. rotundafolia ( haven't gotten it to grow well yet), wisteria, water sprite, crypts lucens wendtii and becketti, Cabomba, Ammannia, Corkscrew Vals, and Anubias Nana are the ones I think might work for it.

Pearlweed is the obvious choice with how thick it can grow and Primrose would work really well too. The cave is in the picture, in the middle of the tank on the left side. I want to put one plant in front, pearlweed??? and maybe the Primrose behind it.

img_718892_0_f39418dab0ba44cce6b64295a8795615.jpg

I really want to make a good choice because this is an area that I want to setup so that they will finally breed and I don't want to touch it again if I don't have to.

Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts would be much appreciated. If the plant isn't on the list, name it. This is a centerpiece for the tank and I really want the right plants for this.

I know a Christmas moss would look really cool attatched to it and sooner or later I will get some. I made it specifically with lots of slots and really rough so a moss would grab ahold and not let go. Thanks to those who convinced me to try a moss again. :)

Edit: here is my complete list: Primrose, Sunset Hygro, Wisteria, Water Sprite, Corkscrew Vals, Crypts Wendtii, Lucens and Becketti, Anubias Nana, Green Foxtail, R. Rotundafolia, Ammannia, Cabomba, Pearlweed.

I don't know about the taller plant, but I have really began to like the x-mas moss and I think that would really look nise in that locationand still give plenty of swimming room. I would just go with the moss. good looking picture by the way.

The taller plant is going to be moved, they are crokscrew vals. Maybe that is a good idea to leave the fron open and let the Christmass moss take over that area, thank you Rick311K. I had thought about the pearl weed in the front near the opening to give a little privacy. As for behind, still looking for a good fill in plant for the fry to feed off of when they become free swimming. The pearlgrass will work for this fine I think, or should.

Anyone have any ideas as to what they would put in front of and behind the christmas moss in the cave?

Back
Top Bottom