Christmas Moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuruCube

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,
Im thinking of getting a batch of xmas moss for the new tank and have a couple of questions...

-How badly does it grow? Ive heard Java moss is crazy stuff, so wondered if Xmas was as bad. It will be a tank without CO2 and 10 or so tetra size fish.

-Whats the best way to clean or sterilise the clump on receiving it? Is there any way? Obviously I dont want to transfer problems to the new tank if I can help it!

Cheers!!
Ben

Christmas Moss grows a lot slower than Java Moss and is much more attractive in my opinion.

I'd probably just give it a good rinse, but I'm not big into treating plants before putting them in my tanks. You could also give it a Bleach or Potassium Permanganate dip. Check out this link for details.

i have christmas moss and aslong as u secure it properly it grows at a decent rate and is very controllable. it loves co2 and needs slightly higher light. co2 is not needed but greatly healps the growth. make sure u tie it tight and thinly over whatever u want and away u go.
here is my christmas moss tied to a pot.
img_713034_0_b1bcaff3254f0edebec0ffafbb5190b2.jpg

3 weeks later
img_713034_1_c25dd797c9e64fa3eb45990b786f7414.jpg

and here is a close up. i love this stuff.
img_713034_2_0c29c52d37cf38f4e51b9394fb65b4b5.jpg

Thanks Mr.Funktastic. Yeah, its a pretty thing. Looks good in your tank too!

Back
Top Bottom