Chuck's Planted Aquarium Calculator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ringfinger

Aquarium Advice Freak
So which type of Nitrate is sold on Greg Watson's site? Is it the Potassium in Potassium Nitrate, or the Nitrate in Potassium Nitrate? The results are quite different...

The sticky was very useful, but on Chuck's Planted Aquarium Calculator it has the option of choosing "Potassium in Potassium Nitrate" or "Nitrate in Potassium Nitrate". The stuff I ordered from gregwatson.com is simply labeled "Potassium Nitrate". I'm wondering which option to use on the calculator for the mix I purchased.

Yep, you're just confused ringfinger.

GregWatson sells Potassium Nitrate. When dosing, you set teh calculator to Nitrate in Potassium Nitrate to determine how much you're adding.

You can switch it to Potassium in Potassium Nitrate to see how much potassium it adds. If you don't dose enough Potassium Nitrate to fill your potassium needs, then you have to get a potassium fert like Potassium Chloride or Potassium Sulfate (both found on chuck's calculator)

OH!!!!!! :roll:
Duh. Thanks.
I had a 3 hour exam at school today, came home and opened up my fertz that came in the mail, and didn't have enough brain power left to figure it out.
I'm good now. Thanks again.

Don't feel bad Ring, I've asked the same type question about a hundred times.

Thx,

dave

PS: The downloadable calculator (thanks Malkore) has the option for dry ferts.

Back
Top Bottom