Citric acid DIY co2 reactor shut off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IllusionX

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I've got this DIY co2 reactor and I seem to like it alot compared to using yeast co2. It allows me to shut it off when lights are off.

But it's kind of annoying always having to readjust the bubble count each time!
Has anybody used a solenoid shut off valve to put this on a timer?

uploadfromtaptalk1453645553429.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Pressure doesn't seem to continue to build when I shut it off at night. The citric acid only flows to the other bottle when co2 is going being released, creating more co2.

I have ordered a solenoid shut off valve. Will report back when I receive it, and installed.

It is quite annoying to mes with the needle valve each time to adjust the bubble count.

Ah yes know what you mean. Get the bubble count all sorted and then the pressure changes :( Sounds really good, definitely interested to know how it goes. :)

Ah yes know what you mean. Get the bubble count all sorted and then the pressure changes :( Sounds really good, definitely interested to know how it goes. :)
So far the pressure of the bottles have stayed at 2kg/cm2 for the whole week, which is what I expected when I bought this kit. I just need to mess with the needle valve everyday when I turn it on, because I shut it off at night.

When I get my solenoid valve, gonna set it on a timer with my lights see how it goes.

They do make them for this kind of setup. Super convenient, set it and forget it (well until the next batch). I just can't remember which type of solenoid to get. Hopefully nothing too expensive as it will not be dealing with high pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom