Clarity Dosing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SumthingsFishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anybody here use Seachem Clarity to take care of particle buildup and cloudiness in their tank? Every now and then I get some particle buildup usually after a big wc, and decided to pick up a small sample bottle of Seachem Clarity while at petsmart the other day. Wondering if anybody differentiates from the dosing recommended on the bottle and if anybody doses multiple times daily for extreme cloudiness or particle buildup. If you don't own or use Clarity, what are some ways you find useful in taking care of those pesky particles?

Really as above.

I have used it when doing a complete substrate change and it seemed to work well with no problems for fish later on.

I have added extra fine filter media and after most water changes / replanting just find it is a matter of waiting it out and letting the filters grab it.

Cleaning the filters can also help if this hasn't been done in some time.

Really as above.

I have used it when doing a complete substrate change and it seemed to work well with no problems for fish later on.

I have added extra fine filter media and after most water changes / replanting just find it is a matter of waiting it out and letting the filters grab it.

Cleaning the filters can also help if this hasn't been done in some time.

Sweet. I added a pad of filter floss to my HOB yesterday and I think I'm going to start using that regularly. Before I was just running a sponge and bio media on top of it but the floss will now permanently live between the two :)

That sounds a great idea. I just do that as well and double or triple the filter floss. Most filters can still keep good flow I find.

Back
Top Bottom