Cleaning Algae in tank with fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaNewb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I put fish in my planted tank

I have to clean algae off every once in a while, before fish I could just use a tooth brush and brush it off rocks and things

This would release the algae into the water column, then id do a water change. obviosusly, thered still be some algae floating and the water would be turbid afterward

with fish in the tank, is it safe to do this?

So I put fish in my planted tank

I have to clean algae off every once in a while, before fish I could just use a tooth brush and brush it off rocks and things

This would release the algae into the water column, then id do a water change. obviosusly, thered still be some algae floating and the water would be turbid afterward

with fish in the tank, is it safe to do this?

Certainly is. Fish arnt effected by algae at all. [emoji106]

^^^ agree with above :) you could also get a algae eater that doesn't get bigger than an inch or two [i have an albino bristlenose pleco 3"max] and add that to your system which will help with the algae cleanup but downfall is they create A TON of bio load

Aq...

I don't worry about algae. A little is good for the tank. Just follow a sound water change routine by removing and replacing most of the tank water every week. This will remove excess nutrients. Look at it this way, if you remove half the tank water, you remove half the nutrients in the water, so you reduce the algae by half.

Pretty easy,

B

Back
Top Bottom