Clear spots on leaves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bevoholic

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a banana plant and an anubias that are starting to show clear spots. I've researched and it's led me to believe that I have an iron deficiency.

Is this correct? Can this be something that will be fixed by starting to dose Flourish?

Tank is a 2.5g. I do dose daily with Excel.

Can you take a pic of the spots? And is this on older leaves or new leaves just sprouting

71090-albums11034-picture48699.jpg

It's with both. The banana plant has one new leaf and it looks like it has a few spots on it, but on the anubias it's all old growth. Haven't had any new leaves on that one yet.

img_2275507_0_98633ef04a71406d412255a010941649.jpg

Maybe this will help kinda sounds like phosphates or nitrates

I have had the same problem and the people at PetCo say it could be because of not enough light.

The picture of the anubia looks like nitrogen deficiency to me. You said on the banana plant that is has spots, are they clear spots like that or are they pinholes in the leaves?

The picture of the anubia looks like nitrogen deficiency to me. You said on the banana plant that is has spots, are they clear spots like that or are they pinholes in the leaves?

They are spots like these. I just couldn't get a clear enough picture. What would recommend? I can't get my fert mix until next week.

Honestly if you have a dry fert mix coming I'd just wait it out. You could buy some seachem nitrogen but I wouldn't spend the money if you have other ferts coming.

The anubia isn't bad at all and will be fine. Don't know how bad the banana plant is but it's not going to die in a weeks time.

And just as a piece of advice don't listen to petco people lol not saying they're all bad but people will tell you anything to get you to buy stuff

Back
Top Bottom