Cloudy tank !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

axolover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_1518909381.335962.jpg

I don’t know what to do to make it go down. Any bottled things you’d recommend? Currently cycling at 40 Nitrate .50 ammonia and 2 nitrite I think it’s half way done ? I don’t know why it hasn’t cycled . I cleaned the gravel 2 times this week and did a 50 percent water change . Dosed prime . It’s a 50 gal with 2 sponge filters (60 )

View attachment 307198

I don’t know what to do to make it go down. Any bottled things you’d recommend? Currently cycling at 40 Nitrate .50 ammonia and 2 nitrite I think it’s half way done ? I don’t know why it hasn’t cycled . I cleaned the gravel 2 times this week and did a 50 percent water change . Dosed prime . It’s a 50 gal with 2 sponge filters (60 )

That happened to me too. Your filter should clear it up in a day or so. If it doesn’t, get a water clarifier. I used Aqueon’s, and it worked really well!

Cloudiness in a new setup is very common. It typically goes away on its own after the water chemistry stabilizes and a regular water maintenence routine has been established.

Seachem Clarity. Do the recommended dose. Within two days you’ll be clear maybe even less. My tank was black after I started a dirted tank. The morning after I used it it was all but gone. It was amazing

Bacteria bloom? If you are cycling I wouldn't do gravel vacs. I wouldn't change the water as much as you are either. Do 20% water changes about once a week with no gravel vac. Some will say to not do a water change at all until it's cycled.

It should clear itself when it settles.. Possibly before the cycle finishes ?
I would not use any bottled product for this...

Back
Top Bottom