cloudy water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rich6459

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. I have a 10 gallon tank and its kinda cloudy. I cleaned out the tank and did a 75 percent water change. I got all the poop out of the gravel and such lol. But the water still looks kinda dirty. I have a 20 gallon filter and the stock filler the tank came with for the time being. What will clear the water up beside the aquaclear.

What colour is the cloudy water - green, White or yellow? How long have you been running this tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

More than likely it is just a bacterial bloom, which means your tank is beginning to cycle. You are fine, just watch the water parameters and make sure the ammonia and nitrite don't go above 0. Grab a liquid test kit if you don't have one.

I have the test for all that. I put the tank in around a week ago. I have a reading of 25 ppms for ammonia, and and a nitrite reading of 0 ppms. The water is a brownish color. I believe its cause of waste and other stuff.

what type of fish do you have in this particular tank? the filtration might not be enought to certain fish. are you running both filters in the tank?

Sadly my pleco pasted, and all I have in there is a red claw crab ( he can breath open air) and a snail. And yes I have two filters running in the tank.

rich6459 said:
Sadly my pleco pasted, and all I have in there is a red claw crab ( he can breath open air) and a snail. And yes I have two filters running in the tank.

Did you mean 0.25 or 25 ppm ammonia? 25 ppm is 100 times the safe amount for fish!!

If you haven't read the threads on fishless cycles and how to start an aquarium correctly head over to the freshwater getting started forum for loads of really good advice. Your not alone with the starting out the wrong way loads of people started wrong (including me) :)

Haha oh I ment to say .25. And yeah I have been reading the articles about all that. I'll be honest also of the stuff still confuses me, its whatever. I'm just going to read it and read it till I get it. Haha.

rich6459 said:
Haha oh I ment to say .25. And yeah I have been reading the articles about all that. I'll be honest also of the stuff still confuses me, its whatever. I'm just going to read it and read it till I get it. Haha.

Few! Well that's ok then. Any questions relating to starting up just post them in the getting started section and everyone here will be more than happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom