cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aeruelas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The other day. I put a El nino fern into my tank . Yhr next day the water was cloudy I did a full water change lasted two days and was cloudy again. I have twos snails and read that this could be thaw problem because they are eating th plant. Help any one

Cloudy water doesn't come from adding a plant unless you really disturbed the substrate while planting it. Snails eating the plant will not cause cloudy water. It sounds like you could be having a bacterial bloom. Have you recently cleaned your filters including the bio media in it? Or have you done a large gravel vacuuming?

Yes I did a large gravel cleaning and have always done them and never had this happen till now. I did forget to change out a filter that had rotting plant bulb

If you had a rotting bulb and did the large gravel vac conditions could have been right to cause a bacterial bloom.

If you do a WC does the cloudiness come back? If so that is a bacterial bloom. For that you can wait it out, try Purgen in your filter, or run a UV sterilizer which will kill off the bacteria causing the bloom and your tank will clear.

If you do a WC does the cloudiness come back? If so that is a bacterial bloom. For that you can wait it out, try Purgen in your filter, or run a UV sterilizer which will kill off the bacteria causing the bloom and your tank will clear.

Yea, it comes back. What kind of bacteria is it?

It's just heterotrophic bacteria and while irritating it isn't harmful to your inhabitants.

Back
Top Bottom