Co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Suzanne0101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi
Does any one have the paper work for this kind of Co2 system
dot_clear.gif
I seam to have lost mine.:(
If anyone does have it could they Scan and e-mail it to me PLEASE...
I will be starting my planted tank in my 12 gal nano cube and i want to do it right this time.
That e-mail suzanneleonhart@yahoo.com thanks

I don't have the paperwork, but I can give you the recipe that I developed for it based off of the original measurements.
1 Liter Mixture
1/8 tsp Yeast
3/8 cup Sugar
3/4 Liter Water
The Yeast is the activator packet and most likely they use Champagne Yeast. You can skip the stabilizer packet (Baking Soda) since it just slows down the reaction, and if your water is especially hard can kill it. Using these measurements you can skip the expensive packets and save yourself some money.

You'll probably find that the CO2 put out by this setup is insufficient for your 12 gallon aquarium. You'll probably want to add a second 1 Liter bottle, which can be connected to the rest with a T valve.

I have the original instructions. I just saw them the other day. I'm getting ready to sell off my Hagen systems since I went with pressurized CO2 in both of my tanks, so I wanted to make sure I had them to include in the sale.

If Purrbox's post didn't answer your questions, let me know if you want me to scan the directions.

Good day
Thanks Purrbox. I will print this out with my fish stuff.
So where would I find Champagn Yeast? I live in the middle of no where. Erie is the biggest city near me and being a NewEngland transplant I dont know my way around the big city all too well. Do I go to a grocery store or do I go to Brewery.

Again thanks......

You would need to either find a store that sells to home brewers or you could order it online. I believe that I ordered it from eBrew.com when I was still doing DIY CO2. It's the Red Star Pasteur Champagne Yeast at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately their shipping doesn't appear to be as reasonable as it used to be. One packet will last you many many batches of CO2. You can also use the Bread Yeast found at your grocery store, but it doesn't tend to produce CO2 nearly as long.

I have that same system, I like it very much although Im going to upgrade mine by adding a second bottle...and a REDSEA 500 C02 difusor

(An T aising) has some spare systems and im planing to buy one of them from him. Ask him and see if you can get another one from him i belive he has the instructions if not i have them and would be willing to mail you a copy but in all seriousness I think the othe members just gave you a recipie that actualy turned out very hepfull for me as well since im almost ready to change my canisters contents and start agian.

I dont know if what im about to tell you is entirely accuarate but im starting to see results in my tank although as the other members have stated 1 bottle might not be enough for larger systems and I have added liquid fertilizer as well.
I have a 20 gal.

Thanks
I only have a 10 gal Nano cube. So I guess that 1 CO2 system would be enough for now.
Suzanne

Back
Top Bottom