CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshwaterTropical

Aquarium Advice FINatic
O you have to use Co2 in a planted tank. Is there any way you can get around it? Any plants that don't need it?

You don't have to use C02 in a planted tank.

It really depends on what kind of tank you have.

Most high light tanks, you will need a balance of c02, fertz and wattage so no algae will grow

I have 2 25w bulbs in a 10 gallon tank. Is that too much light. I know my LFS sells 15 w bulbs?

If you replace those with the u shaped cfl's from walmarts pet section, they're perfect for a 10g. 25w would be incandescent? And plants do require co2 to live... but your tank already has about 7-10ppm of co2... so injecting is only needed when the lighting and ferts cause the plants to grow so quickly, that co2 already in the tank isn't enough

Incandescents use more energy and get hotter than fluorescent... and it's debatable whether they do much for plants. I'd switch them out with CFL's.

Depends what kind you get. 2x10w CFLs in a 10g wont need CO2. 2x15 may need something. You should be able to get by with excel, but honestly, I would add it in either case because of how useful it is.

Back
Top Bottom