co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on how much light you have, ferts etc. I have a Co2 system set up on a 25. It also depends on what plants etc

Thank you what lights and plants would you recommend to where I dont need one

First off what lights do you have on the tank currently? If you go with a low light planted tank you won't need CO2 or possibly even liquid carbon although liquid carbon such as Flourish Excel is always a plus to use in my book. These types of tanks are quite simple but you are very limited to the plants you can use. Mainly you can use Crypts in the substrate and Anubia, Java Ferns, and Bolbitus attached to DW.

First off what lights do you have on the tank currently? If you go with a low light planted tank you won't need CO2 or possibly even liquid carbon although liquid carbon such as Flourish Excel is always a plus to use in my book. These types of tanks are quite simple but you are very limited to the plants you can use. Mainly you can use Crypts in the substrate and Anubia, Java Ferns, and Bolbitus attached to DW.

I dont have the tank or lighting yet. I really don't want to use co2. What lighting should I use

It depends. Are you getting a tank only or a tank light set up? What size tank as depth also determines what type lighting is needed. You need to get the tank first and then ask about lighting as you can have lighting recommended for a tank when you don't even know the size tank your getting.

It depends. Are you getting a tank only or a tank light set up? What size tank as depth also determines what type lighting is needed. You need to get the tank first and then ask about lighting as you can have lighting recommended for a tank when you don't even know the size tank your getting.

Im getting a 46 gallon bow front. 36Lx16.5Wx20H. I dont think it comes with a light

If you want cheap and low light look into your basic Fluorescent lighting. You'd need to bulbs and that would be really low light. Personally I'd suggest a 2 bulb T5HO fixture. Aquatic Life makes decent ones, that is what I have. You'd have med low light which would give you a little more wiggle room on what plants you could grow. You wouldn't need CO2 but I would still suggest using a liquid carbon. Also be sure to get a substrate that has a smaller grain size. You don't want to use large gravel.

Check out the Oddysea HO lights on E-Bay. They are decent lights, and fairly inexpensive. I have 4 of the Quad HO lights, and I am well satisfied with them.

Back
Top Bottom