CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta Platy Addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
The charts say to shoot for green in the drop checker (used the fluid that came with it and 4 or 5 drops of ph liquid from master kit).

56gal with 3-4 bps (means little I know).

Is this the green I'm going for?????? I'm terrified to OD the fish since there is a delay on the drop checker.

Thoughts? Thank you!

image-2100280546.jpg

The liquid that came with it is 4dkh solution? I usually use 3-4 drops of ph reagent, 5 seems a little over board. I've even had trouble getting a good color with 4. If you're using the 4dkh solution and low range ph drops, the color looks okay, it could be a little lighter. I usually shoot for a lime green. Just make sure it doesn't turn yellow. ;)

I used the clear solution and low ph drops as regent. Ok so maybe toss it and add only 3 drops?

By toss this time I mean the liquid in the drop checker :)

I guess it really depends on how big the drop checker is and how much 4dkh you added. 4 drops should be good for a normal size, I have one that is quite small for my nano tank, so I only use 3 drops. I mean, the original ph test calls for 3 drops to 5mL of water, so that's why I typically use only 3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom