CO2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dstephen

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can someone give give me a good reference of where to gut a co2 system? I want to start my first system and I've done a little research on all the equipment but where should I get them? And how much should I spend?

Can someone give give me a good reference of where to gut a co2 system? I want to start my first system and I've done a little research on all the equipment but where should I get them? And how much should I spend?

GLA is the rollsroyce of co2. If u can afford it, get it. If not chihiros or aquatek will work. You'll want a cyclinder for a tank your size. Don't forget a drop checker and a diffuser

I've been using an Aquatek for the last 3 years. No complaints other than the needle valve is sensitive.
Whatever you decide, I suggest getting a regular sized one and not one specifically designed for paintball tanks. That way you can use either type of tank: standard or paintball (with an adapter).

+1 on Aquatek
I've got the mini regulator running on a 20 oz. paintball tank, great regulator. Pretty cheap too for what they give you.

There were some good starter co2 equipment ideas in this thread. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356758
I now run a GLA regulator on a 20lb tank with a Milwaukee mc122 controller and a ista reactor, but I found paintball setups a great place to start. If it's a small tank maybe try cartridge kit and upgrade from there. All mentioned in the above thread.

I've had a lot of fun with co2, hope you do too!

Another aquatek vote....im pumping co2 to a ceramic disk. I dont need top of the line.

Another aquatek vote....im pumping co2 to a ceramic disk. I dont need top of the line.
It's true, no need to get too extravagant with this stuff, but I should note - the mc122 is a super help in maintaining consistent co2 levels, I saw a post from you on another thread about how too maintain levels... meant to follow up.

OP I used an ista brand paintball regulator with integrated solenoid (similar to aquatek) for years no problems... caught some flak on other forum for it, but was low cost and it did great.

Back
Top Bottom