Co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allanhep

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I asked this a while back in a active post I had going but have yet to get any response. I have been toying with a co2 setup but looking at the regulators and solenoid its expensive now on ebay I have seen a few cheaper ones but im very wary of these has anyone had and experience with them? I have also found a 2 kg co2 fire extinguisher for £22.95 with £5 postage on firesaftystore.co.uk

I'm hoping to keep costs low as I have recently given my aquarium an overhaul new lighting tri spec led 90-100, new ehiem pro 4 350 filter to run beside my all pond solutions external filter, tetra complete base with initial sticks and a fluorite red top layer and new plants so I have spent quite a bit in the last few weeks.

IMG_20171129_142926.jpgIMG_20180124_201459.jpg

Aquatek, co2 art, ista, GLA are all good trusted brands, cheaper regs tend to break really quick. Especially the solenoid. Steer clear of wyin, co2 barn etc etc they are what they are... cheap rubbish.

Don’t forget you’ll also need a diffuser, co2 tubing, bubble counter, drop checker. For a tank your size I’d recommend a reactor.

Here’s some guides on how to make a reactor:
https://glassboxgardeners.com/threads/how-to-build-a-cerges-co2-reactor.346/

http://rotalabutterfly.com/rex-grigg/diy-reactor.htm

I’ve heard good things about the Milwaukee, there’s a few people on here that use them, should be fine I’d imagine [emoji106]

I have just read a few reviews of people saying that after 1 hour it has dumped 200psi + in the aquarium killing all the fish. Plus on amazon it has 1 star out of 28 reviews. Now not too sure may stick with your suggestions.

If your located in the uk @caliban07 might be able to help you out?

Im looking for any advice on led lighting I bought a tri spec led 90-100cm it had stated it fits trigon 190 which was a typo so ended up needing to modify my aquarium for it to fit. More watts plus could not be bothered with organising a return then reordering the correct size. Questions are - what range does this lighting fall into? Should I be running the blue LEDs along with the white and red? Also I seem to have had a algae bloom on the glass and my florite red is turning green not sure if its a result of the sachem excel dosing every day I have noticed a slight growth in my plants some are long and spindly I have added a few photos. I'm ordering my co2 regulator next week I have been looking at the tmc regulator with solenoid seems to have quite a lot of good reviews.IMG_20180203_211058.jpgIMG_20180203_203929.jpg

Back
Top Bottom