CO2 advice for a newbie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've made a lot of newbie mistakes over the last year and learned from them. Like don't get two java ferns then get new bright lights! I'm interested in maybe starting to use a simple CO2 system but know little about them. Is there anything on the market that is fairly simple, not too expensive and not overly complicated? I'm concerned that setting one up will lead to a hornets nest of hidden costs. Any help from the AA folks is AWSOME!

Have you read up on DIY CO2 systems? That's what I run now and is pretty good for small tanks and very cheap compared to presurized.

You can also choose to use liquid carbon in a low/medium light tank instead of a gaseous CO2 set up. Many gorgeous planted tanks are done now in AA using Excel or Metricide14 liquid carbon dosed daily in their tanks instead of CO2. OS.

I use excel now, I was thinking more along along the lines of a CO2 starter kit, if there is such a thing

Back
Top Bottom