CO2 amount for ~80G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tdp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got me an 80G and pressurized CO2. It will be a plant nursery. How many bps of CO2 should I set it?
Also can someone recommend me the lighting I should use? I need high light. Tank dimension 60" x 16" x 21"

That tank will.last roughly 15-20 days on a high light tank that size, especially if there's no fauna present..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's a huge tank and I'd imagine that it'll be a challenge to get co2 throughout all that real estate efficiently. What is your diffusion method? What's the filtration and are you using circulation pumps?

As for lighting, are you looking to go LED or t5ho? What's the budget?

I'm using a powerhead for diffusion. I'm thinking of getting canister filter with sponge filter.

I'd prefer t5 since I thought it would be cheaper than LED but guess not. Something reasonably priced. Currently I'm using some cheap heat lamps but the light distribution is uneven and I get algae problem if I add more lamps.

I run each of my diffusers on my 125 approx 2-3 bps. I would recommend t5ho for high light lighting.

I'm using a powerhead for diffusion. I'm thinking of getting canister filter with sponge filter.

Really only the needle wheel powerheads work well for this. Anything else chops the bubbles too coarsely to be very effective.

You said this was a nursery tank. Fish nursery or plant nursery? Also, how big is your CO2 tank?

That tank will.last roughly 15-20 days on a high light tank that size, especially if there's no fauna present..

Ooops, thought you meant you got an 80 gram co2 tank.. can you tell us more about the tank.

Cool, no fish?

You'll be more limited for co2 if you add inverts, obviously. Just saying.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom