Co2 and lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nnoah_won

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys

I want to get lighting this is medium to high led light that uses co2. I don't want DIY co2 but a decent price co2. I am hoping for everything to be around $300 if that is possible ($300 for co2 and light combined). My tank is a 29 gallon and the dirt is 16 in./40cm away from the top. I would need a 30inch. Light to go over it. Would a finnex ray2 be enough for high led or should I get two of them, thanks. I am hoping to grow plants such as dwarf baby tears, anacharis, jungle val, compacta, java moss, frog it, and even some alternanthera reineckii. My substrate is about 1.5 inches of substrate using flourite. Thanks.

I'd personally get two of the Finnex Planted+ model instead of the Ray 2. I think the added red LEDs make the color much better in your plants and livestock.

Aquatek makes decent regulators for the value. Check them out.

I'd personally get two of the Finnex Planted+ model instead of the Ray 2. I think the added red LEDs make the color much better in your plants and livestock.

Aquatek makes decent regulators for the value. Check them out.

Brian - if one planted + fixture was used in the 29g, what would you say that it would be classified as? Low, low-med, med? And two fixture would put it at high?
OP - the Aquatek premium regulator (~$90) will allow you to use both regular and paintball tanks (with a paintball adapter)

My guess would be medium light. Maybe on the low end of medium. I don't think there's official PAR numbers released.

The planted plus on my 16" tall is def solid medium light.. 2 would be insane..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are you growing HC, Brookster? IME, if the light is not bright enough, HC doesn't hug the substrate and crawl as well. If he used two, he can stagger the light photoperiod. Like use one for a longer duration, and utilize the second one for a shorter burst (i.e. 4 to 5 hours) within the 1st one (7 to 8 hours). Running both 8 hours simultaneously could pose an algae problem though. But I'm only guessing since I haven't used the planted+.

No hc, wouldn't that demand the highest of light? Would getting great red out of ar and a crazy chain sword carpet put me at medium?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah medium I would say. I got decent red out of my AR too with medium light. AR, however, is considered an easy red plant to get red... sort of like Ludwigia sp. Red.

Yeah so, with the exception of HC, the rest of the OP's plant list should do fine with a single Planted+. Although, getting dual Current Satellite LED+ lights wouldn't be a bad idea. These lights are dimmable so if by getting two, you're overshooting the light demands of the plants and algae appears, you can simply dim it. Besides, two you can get more even coverage, front to back. Just throwing out another option on the table.

Back
Top Bottom