CO2 Bubbles into Inflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soulstar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

So yesterday I thought about directing the CO2 bubbles directly into the inflow of my external canister.

I put my diffuser and inflow right above so the micro bubbles get sucked in directly into the external canister.

From my amateur perceptive, this should help diffuse CO2 into the water more efficiently since it's in contact with water for a longer period.

I see no bubbles coming out my outflow so maybe it's working?

What do you guys think and please comment if this actually works.

Thank you!

If no bubbles are coming out of the outflow it may be working very well, or it could just be building up inside your canister, I wouldn't know much about it honestly. When I tried forcing my co2 bubbles into the intake of my 406 all I heard was an awful hissing of it building up and hitting the impeller, that didn't last long before I gave up on that idea. Many people do what you're talking about though

If no bubbles are coming out of the outflow it may be working very well, or it could just be building up inside your canister, I wouldn't know much about it honestly. When I tried forcing my co2 bubbles into the intake of my 406 all I heard was an awful hissing of it building up and hitting the impeller, that didn't last long before I gave up on that idea. Many people do what you're talking about though

Thanks, I will check today after work whether the canister is still working properly.

Back
Top Bottom