CO2 Diffuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackdaddy81

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was looking at some glass/ceramic CO2 diffusers on ebay and I have some questions.

Would the nano kind be OK to use in my 29 gallon tank? One of the items said for use up to 20 gallons and the other said up to 30 and they were both roughly the same size.

Also, If I need a bigger one, where could I get one for cheap and would it work with a DIY system? I have two 2 liter bottles connected together for my yeast system.

And lastly, is thier a good diy way of diffusing CO2?

Thanks!

I think it would be difficult to use a larger ceramic diffuser with DIY co2. It might work, but the larger size isn't going to do anything for you.

I think the smaller diffusers may work with DIY though.

I own 2 different types, both the nano glass/ceramic and a rhinox 2000... I think I got both of them from aquaticmagic off ebay.

Careful with the nano ones if you go with that... they work great once you get them setup, but they are easy to break... very fragile. I bought a 3 pack of the nanos for like $14 and I am glad I did. I broke one of them when trying to get them hooked up.

FYI, algae collects on the ceramic disc, so I own 2 of each kind so I can soak/clean 1 while the other is in use. I swap it out every 2-3 weeks so I always have a clean 1.

So, I went to my LFS today and they had a ceramic airstone that said it was perfect for CO2. It was only $4 so I bought it.

Wow does it work great. The bubbles that come out of it are super small, and alot of them dissolve before they hit the surface. I was going to buy a powerhead and make DIY CO2 diffuser that way, but now I don't think that I need it.

Thanks for the ideas fort. I think that this works just as well as the glass/ceramic ones on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom