Co2 diffuser placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philip99

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently got a pressurized co2 system :) and I was wondering where the best spot for the diffuser would be?
Here is a picture of my tank

image-1819850317.jpg

It appears to be in the center directly under the flow of the HOB output. If so, I would leave it there. That way most, if not all, of the CO2 bubbles will get caught in the current and distributed to other parts of the tank. Anything you can do to extend the contact time of the CO2 bubbles.

First off, your tank is awesome. Secondly, I would suggest having it down as far as it will go in the tank (touching the bottom) and do as Fresh2o has mentioned above. Then you should be good :)

If I wanted to move it to the side, could I just place a power head about it to help distribute the co2 with in the tank?

If I wanted to move it to the side, could I just place a power head about it to help distribute the co2 with in the tank?

I actually did the same thing you just said- I moved mine to the side of the tank where its not as visible and placed a water circulator at the top of the tank directly above it so the bubbles will float all the way up there then get sucked in and spat out all over the tank. The little bubbles looks kind of nice and natural going through the water :) And your tank is AWESOME! What is that large leafed plant in the mid-ground?

I actually did the same thing you just said- I moved mine to the side of the tank where its not as visible and placed a water circulator at the top of the tank directly above it so the bubbles will float all the way up there then get sucked in and spat out all over the tank. The little bubbles looks kind of nice and natural going through the water :) And your tank is AWESOME! What is that large leafed plant in the mid-ground?

The plant I think your talking about is Hydrophilia corymbosa var 'stricta'

Alright here is an updated picture with the power head located above the diffuser

image-3001718067.jpg

image-328092972.jpg

Can you skip the diffuser altogether and just run your co2 line directly into the powerhead?

Back
Top Bottom