Co2 DIY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMF0585

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was planning to do a DIY Co2 system in my 46 gallon planted tank. I have a Penguin 200 with biowheel and a Whisper 30. I was planning to put the line from the Co2 in the intake for the Penguin 200 but I was wondering if this would defeat the purpose of the biowheel and I'm better off putting it in the intake of the Whisper even though it doesn't filter nearly as much as the Penguin. Thanks in advance for all your help. New to all this getting LED light bar this weekend to help with growth as my T-8 just isnt cutting it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd run it into the whisper, more contact time with the water in there.. what kind of led are you thinking?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Local pet store guy uses marineland hidden led system with diy Co2 and he swears by them. Says his tear drops have never looked so good. Its the same bar they use in all the tanks in the store too. Told me if i run the led bar with my T-8 and Co2 my plants will be much healthier.

Blahhh, you can do much better for your money than marineland. Have you considered replacing the t8 entirely with a new led?

I'm all ears. I'm new to aquariums, really got started because my 1 year old loves fish and it turned into a hobby for my wife and I. The led bar they tried to sell me was $60, if there's better bang for my buck and better health of my plants I greatly appreciate your advice.

In a 46 gallon bf you'll need something a little stronger, cheap is not always good in this hobby.. i have a pile of lights I bought less than 5 months ago, useless to me now.. my best advice would be drop the $250 on a really nice light if you see yourself getting into the higher tech end of the planted tank? If you will be content with a medium light tank get yourself a finnex planted plus or ray2, the ray2 will offer a bit more punch but has no reds or blues(moonlight, kids love it)

I'm very close to buying a Current USA Satellite+. Many people here use them on their planted tanks, although I'm not sure if one would be enough or not on this tank. They have RGB (red green blue) LEDs to bring out color more, and it has a remote control so you can adjust how much of each color their is. They also have lighting storm settings that your kids may like. There are plenty of YouTube videos of them

I was going to suggest the eseries for a tall tank;) I really like my Sat + though.

Yah, reviews are great so far..

Thank you so much for the input, Co2 will be bulit and put to the test tonight through the whisper hope it helps my plants. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom